4/29/11

CASSETTE TAPES Art Exhibit

Last February 11, 2011, a different kind of exhibit was presented at the First Year Anniversary of Vinyl Forever in Makati City. Although I wasn't able to attend the said event on that specific date, the exhibit even extended for a few weeks so when I visited the shop I was lucky to still catch the distinctive art exhibit. YUP!! It was definitely an "out of this world" experience since it was an art extravaganza about CASSETTE TAPES which my generation grew up using as an alternative to Vinyl Records and come to think of it I was only passing by the vicinity. I wonder if the young generation of today still know what a cassette tape is? He He He!! Well, here's my special blogpost about that very interesting art exhibit entitled "KISS MY ANALOG: A Year In Replay". Mind you, they aren't just your ordinary cassettes that we usually play on our tape decks back on those days. These were extraordinary stuffs that even my creative thoughts didn't imagine. Ha Ha Ha!! I can't believe my eyes seeing these cassettes turned into a collective creative art works by different artists. I took some photos of the tape art works for you to enjoy but I wasn't able to note down the specific artists who made them because there were a lot of them and I haven't had enough time listing them for this blogpost. But what's important is that I'm featuring the artists works here on "The Doctor Is In" since I belong to the generation who loves Cassette Tapes. Btw, the Blogpost Header Photo is a sort of Wooden Wall of Colorful Cassette Tapes which I counted as 96 original works of art and I noticed that four cassettes were already missing. Personally, I called it "THE WALL OF CASSETTES". Btw, I just made up the Art Work Titles on each of the photos that I'll show you because I wasn't able to take note of the exact Art Titles and the Artists who created them. If I were to give the Art Titles then these are what I'll name them. I didn't took photos of all the entries, but instead I just chose what I found the most interesting ones. Actually all of them were really original and good but I have to trim it down. This is a Vinyl Record Shop and having a Cassette Tape exhibit made it really fit for a time capsule since both Music Formats (Vinyl Records and Cassettes) are getting extinct nowadays. Maybe the Bieber-Gaga Generation can learn a lot from this. I bought some records on the shop first just before looking at the art works. It's PINOY INGENUITY at It's BEST!! So my dear readers, may I present you a different Analog Experience!! ENJOY VIEWING!!


Here's the Official Event Poster:



THE PULLEY



THE TRANSFORMERS



MONKEY BUSINESS



MONSTER CRUNCHER



GOLD BARS



THE BLACK SKULL RIDER



ANCIENT RELICS



Here are some of the different cassettes on
THE WALL OF CASSETTES:

SPIDERMAN


REAL GENIUS


BLACK EYE PIECE



JEEP JEEP!!



This next artwork would definitely be my favorite among all entries. This is a Photo Portrait that's really quite huge. I mean HUGE in the proper sense!! The interesting part here is that everything you see was made of that cassette tape reels. YUP!! That brown thing that rolls and when at free time you rewind or fast-forward using your ball pen. Remember that method KABAYANS? Ha Ha Ha!! Those were the good ol' days indeed when life was just simple with a clear breath of fresh air.


THE HIP SMOKER



I hope you guys enjoyed another special blogpost of mine regarding that ancient music material called CASSETTE TAPE. This brings back a lot of memories right? I'll leave you with the Music Video from Recent Manila Visitor Half FILIPINO Singer Peter Gene Hernandez aka. BRUNO MARS. This is his #1 Hit "JUST THE WAY YOU ARE". This Video shows the creativity that really worked by using "CASSETTE TAPE" ART. THANKS again for dropping by!!

WATCH THE MTV of "JUST THE WAY YOU ARE" HERE:



KISS MY ANALOG!!
-DR. STIRRING RHOD

No comments: